Mango Chutney is a mixture of fresh mangoes, chilli, vinegar and aromatic spices. It combines sweet but more savory, vinegary, and spicy than a traditional jam. Mango chutney can be a great accompaniment to spicy Indian curries or could be used as a simmer sauce for chicken, pork, or shrimp. This new year, it’s time to try something unique and savor the taste buds with mouth-watering chicken curry with mango chutney.
Chicken Curry with Mango Chutney
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil /olive oil
- 500 gm boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into small cubes.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, respectively
- ½ cup mango chutney
- ½ cup cooking cream
- 1 cup of chopped vegetables (French beans, bell peppers, or broccoli)
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves or basil leaves (optional)
- Take a medium size frying pan or a skillet and put 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- Heat the oil for about half a minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and toss for sometime
- Now add the chopped vegetables and mix them well
- Season the chicken cubes with salt and pepper
- Add the chicken cubes to the pan and toss them for a minute
- Add curry powder, salt, and pepper
- Stir all the ingredients properly for about two minutes until it turns aromatic.
- Add mango chutney and cooking cream
- Mix the entire ingredients properly.
- Make sure that the chicken cubes are properly coated from all the sides
- Bring it to a boil on medium heat and then reduce the heat to a low flame
- Simmer the chicken while keeping it uncovered
- Stir occasionally
- After about 6-10 minutes the chicken will be properly cooked
- Turn off the heat and take out the curry in a serving bowl
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves or basil leaves
- Enjoy the curry with rice or naan bread
- Shrimp or pork can also be used instead of chicken.
- Instead of basil leaves or coriander leaves, toasted almonds, peanuts, or cashew nuts, along with a squeeze of lime, could also be an excellent garnishing option.
To enjoy this delicious chicken curry, there can be no better choice than using the flavorsome Mango Chutney from Aromatic Kitchen, which is made from fresh seasonal mangoes. The chefs at the Aromatic Kitchen use a traditional approach and more than 12 years of experience to develop preservative-free products, including Chutneys, Pickles, Curry Pastes, and ready-to-cook meal kits to cater to the multicultural Australian community.